Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Special Martha Project

Martha Stewart and I are bff - didn't you know?  Really? Oh, she didn't know either :(
Since we don't get to sit and chat about cooking, crafting and maintaining our homes, I just read all her books and mags and watch her show on days off {or reruns}.

I've had the Homekeeping Handbook in my wishlist since it was published in 2006 and I finally bought it!
A book this special needs its very own bookmark - let's get crafting...

I used an old file folder to cut a six inch long tag on my cricut and cut a piece of scrapbook paper in the same size.
Photobucket

And mod-podged them together.
Photobucket

The bookmark was too wide, so I cut the sides off.
Photobucket

I added the word "home" from the Home Accent cartridge.  I still haven't mastered the cutting depth and pressure settings, so it came out a little messed up {hint - the O is missing}
Photobucket

But that's ok, because I layered the letters in green to make them pop.
Photobucket

I hope Martha is pleased.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...