Monday, January 11, 2010

Baking Challenge - Jan '10

This month we have the Lemon Souffle from MS Living's Jan '10 issue {I can't find the link online so pick up the issue}.

This was my first time making a souffle so I didn't have high expectations.
I prepped my ramekins, whisked my yolks, heated my milk, and combined {there was also sugar, flour, lemon, and butter in there}.
Photobucket

Then I whipped up my egg whites with sugar and folded them into the yolk mixture.
Photobucket

Put them into the ramekins and then into the fridge while we ate dinner.
Photobucket

Here they are fresh from the oven, slightly deflated, but very tasty!!  We poured some warm honey into them and it was very good.
Photobucket

I made four mini's and one larger one.  I think this one rose the best, but it did deflate awhile later.
Photobucket

Photobucket

They were very good, but I prefer chocolate :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...