Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentines Mantel

Up until now, my mantel has served a very important purpose in our apt - my husband used it to store his wallet, watch, keys and misc. junk at the end of the day.  Ahhh!  It drove me crazy.  Every Christmas I'd steal it back, but after the decorations get put away, he would inevitably take it over once again.  2010 is the year of reclaiming the mantel.  I knew I had to act fast so he couldn't get to it before I did.

Last Friday I went to Homegoods with two things in mind:  Mantels and Valentines.  And Homegoods treated me right.  The centerpiece of the whole mantel is the awesome mirror I found for $40. Love it!!
Photobucket

The clear glass was $5 and the red one was $3.  Right now the clear has conversation hearts in it and the red has a tea light.  The red will probably go away for spring, but the clear can hold any seasonal item throughout the year.
Photobucket

The candle stick is one of my family pieces.  Sadly, the other candlestick broke in transit :(  I used to have the photo in our bedroom, but it works well for the holiday esp. because we are sitting at a red banquet.
Photobucket

The be mine sign was another homegoods find and the pink heart came from michaels.
Photobucket

I'll still be on the lookout for both seasonal and permanent pieces to add - I'd like it to be a bit more full.  I'm just so happy that it's mine and it's cute.

Linking up to Beth's Mantel Party
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. It looks really cute! Good for you reclaiming it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Show that man who rules the mantel in the house :). I am so glad you hooked up with the party this week and I love your new mirror. Perfect for that spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather~~~

    Your mirror is awesome. Tell me it's not one of a kind at Homegoods!! I love it! Your mantel looks so pretty with the jars and I really like the cute candlestick! Goegeous!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but sweet. I like it. The mirror is beautiful, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather,
    I really like your mantel. The mirror is gorgeous, Home Goods? I need to check it out! I also like your pink heart that is suspended. It's such a pretty color! Thanks for sharing!
    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mantle. He wouldn't dare empty his pockets on it now. My husband has always done the same thing, only on the dresser, piano, or other handy surface, so I had to put out cute little dishes for the stashes. You did good!

    Mermaid Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel is looking really SWEET! Hope you have a FUN week.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mantel looks so nice! So sorry one of the canldestick holders broke..bummer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mirror! What a great find...you will be enjoying it for a long time to come.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...