Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dining Room Ideas

Well last night we met with our Loan Officer to fill out all the paperwork.  Now we have to wait 2-3 weeks for our approval to go through.

On Monday, I have a conference call set up to go over our wiring choices (phone and cable jacks, and alarm).  The living room and three bedrooms will get cable, there will be a phone in the living room and my husband's office, and we are taking the basic alarm system package + a carbon monoxide detector.

Onto my dining room ideas.  Our house doesn't have a formal dining room, it is just the space between the living room and kitchen.  I'm going to continue the black/white/aqua color palate throughout the whole main floor since it is really just one big room.  I love a banquette and I think using one will really maximize the space.

pinterest via abodelove


pinterest via house of turquoise


I love how all three inspiration pictures use furniture from different sources, much prettier than a dining set.

So to pull this look off for my home I am planning on buying this coventry bench from Ballard Designs (again, i know)
ballard designs

I love this Sunbrella fabric, the color is spot on and you can wipe up any spills!,  but it won't be available when we move into the house in the winter.  Later this summer I will have to decide if I am going to buy it and find a way to store it for a few months or wait until we move and take my chances on the fabric selection available then.

I'd like to find the table and chairs second hand.  I see the table having a stained top and painted base with the chairs painted to match.  I could use my current chairs and give them a fresh coat of paint, it just depends on what I find.

On a non house related note, we are driving through the night to Maine for my cousins wedding.  My family loves to ask "what's new?" and I can't wait to share our news rather than my standard reply of "nothing".

Have a great weekend!
 Photobucket 
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...