Sunday, June 13, 2010

Well Hello Again!!

Wondering where I have been and what I've been up to?

I've been here, reading:
The Pioneer Woman

I started to hear all about Ree back in the fall when her cookbook came out. I was interested in checking out her blog and did so, but I was totally overwhelmed by the vast content and I left pretty quickly.

Then, almost two weeks ago, the TV was on but I wasn't really watching - I was playing on my computer. Any way, a rerun of Bonnie Hunt was on and Ree had a segment talking about Thanksgiving food and I decided to check out her blog once again.

This time I took a lay of the land, figured out how to tackle it all and chose a starting point. And let me say I very quickly got sucked in and there was no leaving until I read It ALL. That was 11 days ago and yes that is how huge her blog is - 11 days worth of reading. Way more than most books. And I didn't do much else besides eat and sleep - I found her blog to be all consuming. (I do admit - I did not read every photography or homeschooling post. I don't have the fancy camera equipment so lots of the info went over my head and I don't have any punks *hehe* so much of a the homeschooling posts were lost on me, too)

Now that I have gotten it out of my system, I can return to life as normal. But first I have 311 items in my reader :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love reading the Pioneer Woman...love love love her food posts:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding great new blogs, but I hate how you get sucked in. I even wrote about a few months ago about it's a time warp. It's as if nothing else matters as long as you can read the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read some of her posts and checked out her recipes as well. She's been one busy lady!! I haven't read the whole blog, however. I'm way too easily distracted for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way when I first found her blog. I was so overwhelmed I left and have only been back once or twice to read some photography pages but I was overwhelmed with all the actions in Photoshop so I haven't been back since then. Her pics are amazing. I want to know how she can cook meals, shop, home school, take pictures and edit and be there emotionally for everyone and herself. Now that would be a book! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got sucked into her "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" story a while back. It's good stuff (as I'm sure you know).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on her blog but I too left quickly because it seemed a bit overwhelming. Reading an entire blog says a lot for the blogger though! I'll have to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...