Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve Menu

There are two things I always have on New Year's Eve - pigs in a blanket and champagne. I also always like to have something sweet, so I am making the winner of my '09 Baking Challenge - Black and White Cheesecake Brownies from April.

Photobucket
As it turns out, I have no cocoa powder, so I am substituting block chocolate. I also only have 1/2 a block of cream cheese, so I am halfing the recipe. I'm using an 8x8 pan instead of a 9x13 - this will be plenty for hubby and me.  I had to adjust the butter and sugar content because of the chocolate and I would recommend not doing this.  I have had much better results with cocoa powder. Also, the recipe calls for dutch process but I can never find this in the grocery store. Hershey's Special Dark tastes much better than their regular.  And do you like my new CIA digital scale?  I got it on Rue La La and it is going to make measuring so much easier!

Photobucket
I made my lil piggies with cocktail weiners and puff pastry.  I had wanted to put poppy seeds on top but I forgot them at the store, oh well.  I also made myself an inspired Champagne Cocktail.  My aunt and I had Mango Martinis at Olive Garden and they were so good that I picked up Rose's Mango Twist Mix.  I added about an ounce to my flute and topped it off with champagne, YUM!

This is also my first post using my new camera and picasa - what do you think?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...