Thursday, April 1, 2010

Early Spring/Easter Mantle

Hi! I'm back from my trip to Denver. I was so busy visiting family, playing with my cutie pie cousins, and visiting the aquarium that I had no time for blogging!

Photobucket

A purple Starfish!?!

Photobucket

Look at that funny face.

I was also battling altitude sickness that finished off with a fever the night I got home. Now that I'm feeling back to normal, let's talk mantles.

After Valentine's Day, it was time to swap out all the red for some more cheery colors. I also wanted to get some eggs up there for Easter.

Photobucket

For Valentine's, I had a pink heart hanging from the mirror. After having it naked for a few days, I knew I liked it a lot better dressed. I painted a barn star turquoise and now I love it!

Photobucket

I found this great lantern at Marshall's for $17. If you can see, inside there is a white pillar candle with a seashell and raffia belt. I swapped the red taper candle for coral and added a starfish in front. Turquoise and Coral are always paired in jewelry, so why not in decor? And then a bud vase of tulips for some life. {these were on their last leg in the photo and they are gone now}

Photobucket

Where is the Easter you say? Right here in my topiary! I got this at target last year and I love it! I wish I bought more than one!! The hurricane jar has the remains of a bag of peanut mnm's that I've been munching on. And then there is my family sign.

Photobucket

After Easter this Sunday, I'll be taking down the topiary and tossing the stale mnm's. Then it's time to re-do the mantle with more of a late spring feel.

Check out all the other great mantles and vignette's at Beth's Party:





Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. ~Hi Heather~

    I'm glad you had a nice trip! You looked very organized prior to leaving. I wish I were that organized. Anyway, I love your Easter decor and your pictures are so nice and vibrant looking. I can't wait to see what you do with your mantle after Easter. I would like to re-do mine, as well.

    Wishing you a happy and fun-filled Easter! ~Liz

    P.S. Thank you for the comment on my kitchen dilemma. I didn't notice it before in the pictures, but you're right...I think I have found my new color...green. Thank you! =) *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your visit, Heather! Love that lantern ~ I know what I'm looking for next shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home and it's comforting to see mantels once again. I've missed them so! Good to see yours looking all cute and springy. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your color combinations are beautiful! I love the turquoise and coral. The whole mantel looks so serene and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the mantel...not so crazy about the fish face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First visit to your blog via Kimba's Soft Place to Land. Your mantel looks great. Love that you've used a touch of turquoise. Also love the Easter egg topiary!

    Deborah
    http://fairfieldhousenj.com/2010/04/03/flowerplace/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mantel Heather. It's so fresh and fun!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mantel. I'm still looking for me a mirror.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...