Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Pinterest Win!

Here is a little gem of a recipe I stumbled upon while browsing Pinterest.  It was right next to a pin telling me that no matter how slow I go, I'm lapping everyone on the couch (don't they realize when you are on Pinterest, your butt is most likely enjoying said couch?)

Anyway, No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles from Chef-in-Training.

I made these once a few months ago and the pin got upgraded from my "Yummies" board to my "Made it, <3'd It" board.

And when my hubin requested that I make a batch to take to his office, I happily obliged (I can't say no to that cute face).
  
So I made a batch of vanilla cake batter:

 these are mine and my hubins favorite

And I made a batch of chocolate (devil's food) cake batter, too!

these were the bigger hit at the office

All 100 bites were gone within a few hours (and both the treats and my hubin caught the attention of one of the higher ups ;)

The original recipe yields 24, but I make mine smaller, using a 1-inch cookie scoop, and I get around 48 per batch.

I love this recipe for a few reasons - simple to make, no oven required (which is such a plus in the summer), and they are a total crowd-pleaser.


I've received a request to try Red Velvet and to do it soon, so keep an eye out for those!


Have you tried any recipes from Pinterest?  Where they a success?


xx Heather

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather!
    These look so yummy! :)
    By the way, I'm so glad you stopped by my blog to tell me about the red shoe....how funny that you have a pic. too! I love that big red shoe...it's so cool!
    PS-I love your blog and am your newest follower! I just went through some of your other posts, and must say you are quite talented and crafty!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, those look D I V I N E!! I am so making those, my family will scarf those down in no time, I'm sure! ;) xo ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...