Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What's In A Name?

I've been doing some thinking and since I've kind of revamped my blog and the direction I want to take it, I feel like it needs a new name - and then it hit me as I was driving home from the gym today:  Heather... from Scratch.  (OK, my hubby helped me tweak it a bit)

It feels fitting in so many ways.

My husband and I have built our lives together from pretty much nothing.  We got married at 19, I was in college and he was a private in the army.  We had no money and no furniture and together we started working to build our lives.  I feel that almost everything we have accomplished in our lives we have done ourselves.  Our families are very supportive, but since they are in NY and we are in VA, we do a lot on our own.

We've had what feels like more than our fair share of pitfalls, but we have always picked ourselves back up and started over again.  Usually from scratch.

Then there is the fun, lighthearted stuff:  We are building our first home and I love to bake from scratch.  


... from Scratch just seems to sum up who I am and what my life is like.


So, if you are following me, please switch over to my new URL:


heatherfromscratch.blogspot.com


I hope you join me as I enter this new chapter of my life,

 xx Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...