Friday, July 6, 2012

The Floors

Finally, we get to the floors.  This is the last of the finishes we selected for our new house.  Now that we have made all our decisions, the next step is to start construction!  We have about a month before that happens and I can't wait!


I've always loved dark hardwood floors so this choice was a no-brainer.  We just had to compare our cabinet choice to pick the perfect shade, spice tint:



I wanted the floors to complement but not be matchy-matchy.  The floors have less red in them than the cabinets, which is perfect.  I love the look of the distressed floors and I think it will give some  character to this brand new house.  Plus, I don't have to worry so much about dinging them.

There were only 6 stain colors to choose from for the banister and I could not believe how perfectly the kona shade matched our floors.  It's a perfect match!

The entire first floor will have the engineered hardwood and the carpet begins on the staircase.  I think the two materials look very nice together:

It was important that the carpet be a nice neutral that will work with however we decorate each of the three bedrooms.  It also needed to feel really nice and it does!  The color is called flax seed,  it has nice dimension, sort of like subtle highlights, and somewhat of a sheen, too :)

The laundry room will be getting vinyl.  I'm not a fan of vinyl, but it's just the laundry room and I was able to choose a very inoffensive style:


It has the same tones and pearliness as the carpet, so it is gonna look great!

Here you can see all of our choices together:

It was important to me that all of the tile, cabinets, granites and floors be very neutral and luxe looking.  I wanted an awesome base to decorate around for myself and to create a very appealing home for resale. 

Leave me some comments - I'd love to hear what you think!

xx Heather
Home Stories A2Z

1 comment:

  1. Hi from Homestories!
    I love the wood floors!! I will be getting mine in the Fall as well as ceramic tile that looks like hardwood planks with no grout!
    Wanda
    www.recreateanddecorate.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...