Sunday, February 7, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Photobucket 
There is a law that you have to bake on snowy days, right, no?  They should pass one.

I've been wanting to try Red Velvet cupcakes for a while and today was the perfect day to make them.  I used the recipe from Martha Stewart Cupcakes {the link will take you to the recipe on her site} The whole time I was in the kitchen, I was singing Black Velvet to myself, expect I only know the chorus and I'm sure I have the words all wrong.

After mixing the sugar, oil and eggs, I added the red gel coloring - Yowza! that is bright.
Photobucket

They toned down quite a bit after baking.  They are more of a red/brown.
Photobucket

Add some cream cheese frosting and viola, scrum-diddly-umptious.

Here are a few of my attempts at artsy cupcake shots:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...