Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baking Challenge - Feb '10

The recipe for this month is Pear-Raspberry Heart Pies.

Sometimes I like to cheat the recipe by buying my dough.  This time I cheated with the fruit - canned pears and frozen raspberries - they were organic!

The recipe called for a 4-inch cookie cutter to yield 10 pies.  I guess mine was a little bigger because I only got 6.

And I was a little sloppy filling them :)
Photobucket


I was not loving these like I normally love pie - maybe because I cheated on the fruit? or maybe because I don't really love pears.

They still look cute:
Photobucket

So, in the battle between January and February, January's Lemon Souffles win.

I'm reading my march issue now and next month will be a kosher for passover, really?, apple-pecan torte. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. They do look really cute! How fun to do a baking challenge each month;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so darn cute! Maybe cherries? I'll have to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my my my! These look so cute and delicious! i LOVE your blog and am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very cute! And I'm sure they are yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...