Sunday, February 21, 2010

Two Cleaning Mistakes

Oh boy, I had two oopsies happen while cleaning this week.

While I was cleaning the bathrooms, I decided it would be good to throw the bath mats into the wash.  Mine is light pink, hubby's is hunter green.  Cut to me taking them out of the dryer....I now have a lovely sage green bath mat.  At least it was an even dye job.
Photobucket

Then I gave the flooring by the front door a good scrub.  The vinyl tiling is old and has lost it's protective coat, so the dirt gets in there fast and good.  I guess I used a little too much elbow grease because my right shoulder and elbow were KILLING me for two days after.  It took me quite a while to even realize why I was hurting so bad.

Live and learn, right?
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Yikes. That sage green isn't looking to pretty :). I've ruined so many things by washing them together and I still can't learn. The shortcut way to anything always tempts me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, this reminded me of when hubby threw our white bathmats in with the small red rug by the door. We ended up with pink mats. He did the same thing again with the new white mat and a blue rug. Luckily, bleach did save one of the rugs.

    Our bathroom had the white vinyl in it that would never, ever get clean. I finally used peel and stick tile to cover it and it's so easy to clean it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate when stuff like that happens! Thanks for visiting our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! I can feel your pain. I'm waiting for my son to change the color of his clothes. When he actually does his laundry, he just throws everything in {even after I've given him lessons on doing laundry} because he's waited last minute for that shirt he really wants to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...