Thursday, November 12, 2009

Infinity Scarf

What do you do with that outdated long, skinny scarf from college?  Turn it into one of those cool, new infinity scarves!

Find a scarf with enough length to wrap loosely around your neck a few times.  This one is 72 inches.
Photobucket

Start removing the fringe from both ends.  These were just looped over some holes, and I was able to pull them off with my fingers.
Photobucket

Once all the fringe is gone, get some matching thread.  I cut 3 lengths and doubled them over.  Here is my little sewing trick learned from cross-stitching:  put the ends through the eye, leaving the loop at the long end.  Thread the needle through the fabric and then through the loop to make a completely secure, string free start!
Photobucket

Make a running stitch through the pre-existing holes working down and back.
Photobucket

Ta-Da!!

Then, be really resourceful and crafty and put all the fringe to use.
Photobucket

Start looping it over an old key ring like so...
Photobucket

And when you are done, you'll have the basis for a tassel!
Photobucket

It's obviously not much of anything now, but I hope it will be soon :)
Photobucket

I'm Linking up with The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was my comment above that I deleted. Spelling mistakes all over the place...I need to slow down.
    But anyway!! Very CLEVER, making two things from one!!

    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative - and yes, I must say I have a few left over scarves! This would be a great way to give them new life. Thanks for the tutorial.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...