Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Trial #2

Dee from September the March made the suggestion of using Honey Butter with my Honey Cornbread Muffins.  Great Idea!

Last year I bought an acorn cookie cutter from Crate and Barrel because I thought it would be so cute to make acorn shaped butter pats.  I didn't get to do it last year, but I will this year!

I did some googling for honey butter recipes and I really like that Alton Brown's uses cinnamon and vanilla, too.  His recipe uses a whole pound of butter!!  Since I only need to do a trial run, I scaled the recipe down to 2 tbsp. butter, 3/4 tsp. honey, a pinch of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla.  Rather than busting out the handmixer, I whipped the ingredients by hand.  Make sure your butter is really soft before you whip it.

Plop the butter onto a sheet of parchment and flatten with another sheet on top.  Let it harden back up in the fridge.
Photobucket
Photobucket

After about an hour, you can cut out pats just like cookies.  I love the little flecks of cinnamon and it tastes so yummy.
Photobucket

When I make this for Thanksgiving,  I'll spread the butter out onto a rimmed cookie sheet and smooth with an offset spatula.



I'm linking up with Kimba@A Soft Place to Land:


DIY<br>Day @ ASPTL

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ok... this is too cute!! Just wanted to tell you thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment!
    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love the idea of cutting it with the acorn shape. Really clever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...