Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

Wednesday started off as travel day.  Here is my suitcase, packed with all the craft/baking/decorating items I needed to bring {my clothes aren't even in yet and I also wound up packing my hand mixer}
Photobucket

We took a train from Union Station to Penn Station {DC to NY}  I was taking these pictures inside Union Station with my husband saying "what are you, a tourist?" - "nope, just a blogger"
Photobucket
Photobucket


Once, we got to my parents house, the baking began, except it kind of didn't since they were missing some essentials, like measuring cups and large mixing bowls, AAHHH!
After a quick trip to BB&B, things really got down to business.
Photobucket

Here are the three layers for my Butterscotch cake cooling.
Photobucket

My sister made homemade cranberry sauce in a can - it was sooo good.
Photobucket

We also got my stepmom crafting, she was making glittered artichoke candle holders {I got this idea from recaptured charm}
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




















We all finally got to bed around midnight.

While all the "kids" {haha, we are all in our 20s} watched the parade, my parents got to work on the Turkey.  We cover ours in cheesecloth and it is soooo good.
Photobucket

Oddly enough, the landscapers showed up in the morning to do a fall clean-up.  I saw them cutting off branches and ran outside barefoot and in pajamas to gather branches to use on one of the buffet tables
Photobucket
{oops, I'm in the mirror}

We did a very simple table, with some scattered silk leaves and a pumpkin candle.
Photobucket

And here is one of the artichokes all lit up
Photobucket

And finally, the food.

The appetizer spread
Photobucket

Featuring a baked brie and vidalia onion dip
Photobucket
Photobucket






































Dinner was in two spots:

The Turkey, cornbread, sweet and mashed potatoes.
Photobucket

And then the stuffing, cranberries, and green beans
Photobucket
I guess I was so stuffed that I forgot to take a picture of the dessert spread.  We had Butterscotch cake, that was the most amazing, rich, decadent cake ever - two bites and I was stuffed to the gills.  My sister's pumpkin pie {I just had it for breakfast and it was so good}.  My chocolate pudding pie and walnut-brown sugar rugelach.

Since it's my blog and I reserve the right to brag - my sister and I did an amazing job with our first thanksgiving.  Everything was so good, everyone was stuffed, and I can't wait to dig into all the leftovers.

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving too!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...